St Mary’s as it stands is cold and draughty in winter, has inadequate toilet facilities, an inefficient gas fire heating system, areas of inaccessibility and out of date audio visual systems.
The building project will transform the church for the community; green shoots growing from the ancient tree.
- Extensions and alterations to provide a new community room, vestry, kitchen and accessible toilets.
- A new zero carbon heating system powered by solar panels and air source heat pump.
- Improvements to access paths to and around the church.
- Renewed energy efficient lighting designed to enhance the heritage.
- Audio visual systems to enable community use and to facilitate worship, learning and cultural activity.
The planning and consultation process is underway and we hope to be building in 2021.
Keep in touch with our progress though our News page.
The plan above is taken from the options appraisal for illustration only.
Snug Architects, The Studio, 59 Rumbridge Street Totton Hampshire SO40 9DR http://www.snugarchitects.co.uk